Did you know you can use dry ice to loosen asphalt floor tiles?
Here’s what you will need:
Let’s get started:
- Insulated gloves
- Penguin Brand™ Dry Ice (about 50 pounds per 250 square feet)
- Flat-head screwdriver
Note: Results not guaranteed.
- Put on a pair of insulated gloves.
- Using a pair of tongs, place several pieces of dry ice at the center of individual floor tiles.
- Wait for the tiles to become completely frosted by the dry ice (approximately 10 minutes).
- Once frosted, remove any dry ice that has not yet sublimated (the extreme cold could cause the tiles to crack if dry ice is left on for more than 10 minutes).
- With a hammer, tap the center and the perimeter of the tiles gently. Tapping lightly will break the bond and knock the tiles loose.
- After tapping the tiles with a hammer, use a flat-head screwdriver to pry up the flooring.