Everyday Uses and Handling Guide

in Facts & Safety

SAFETY INFORMATION

CAUTION: SOLID CARBON DIOXIDE (DRY ICE) IS -109.3F (-78.5 C) DOT SHIPPING CLASSIFICATION IS ORM-A UN-1845 PHG. GROUP III CLASS 9. DRY ICE IS A SKIN IRRITANT. USE GLOVES TO HANDLE. DRY ICE IS HARMFUL IF EATEN OR SWALLOWED. AVOID DIRECT CONTACT WITH SKIN.  AVOID CONTACT WITH SKIN, MOUTH, EYES AND CLOTHING. MAY CAUSE SEVERE FROSTBITE OR BURNS. IF EATEN OR FROSTBITE OCCURS, SEEK MEDICAL HELP IMMEDIATELY. DRY ICE MAKES CARBON DIOXIDE GAS AS IT SUBLIMATES (MELTS). DO NOT PLACE DRY ICE IN AIR-TIGHT CONTAINERS AS THEY MAY EXPLODE. ONLY USE DRY ICE IN OPEN OR WELL-VENTILATED AREAS, OTHERWISE A LACK OF OXYGEN (SUFFOCATION) CAN OCCUR CAUSING SERIOUS INJURY OR DEATH. KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN. INTENTIONAL MISUSE OF DRY ICE MAY BE HARMFUL OR FATAL. USE ONLY UNDER ADULT SUPERVISION.