Dry Ice Blasting
What is Dry Ice Blasting?
Dry ice blasting is an environmentally safe way to clean with dry ice. Dry ice blasting is similar to sand blasting, plastic bead blasting or soda blasting, where a medium is accelerated in a pressurized air stream to impact a surface to be cleaned or prepared.
Dry ice blasting has many unique and superior benefits over traditional blasting mediums.
Dry Ice Blasting Benefits:
- Non-abrasive, non-flammable and non-conductive cleaning method
- No secondary contaminants such as solvents or grit media
- Approved for use in the food industry
- Cleaned in place without time-consuming disassembly
- Can be used to remove production residues, release agents, contaminants, paints, oils, and biofilms
- Can be as gentle as dusting smoke damage from books or as aggressive as removing weld slag from tooling
- Can be used for many general cleaning applications
Watch as the dry ice blaster easily removes paint from the wall of a paint booth in this short video. In this application, a special film is added to the wall to allow for easier cleaning.
Cold Jet Dry Ice Blaster Rental
Airgas provides high density blasting ice and Airgas Red-D-Arc provides Cold Jet Dry Ice Blasting equipment on a rental basis throughout the continental United States. Airgas selected to partner with Cold Jet because they are the global industry leader in dry ice blasting. Cold Jet’s Dry Ice Blasting equipment is designed to be used in a wide range of cleaning and product finishing processes.